What's A Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM Shotgun?

When it comes to repair information, vehicle makers use a wide variety of terminology for replacement parts, but Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM keep it pretty basic.

When searching for repair procedures, knowing what to look for can save valuable time. When searching RAM trucks, for example, instead of looking for an upper rail, look for the fender rail and shotgun. An upper rail may also be referred to as a fender support, a rear rail may be called a rear floor pan side rail, and a rocker panel is occasionally called a sill (see Table 1). Other than that, the terms that you see in I-CAR courses are what you are going to see in a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM body repair manual.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM repair information is available for purchase at: stellantisiop.com

Table 1
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM Part Terms Industry Part Terms
Fender Support, Fender Rail, Shotgun Front Upper Rail
Front Lower Rail Front Lower Rail
A-Pillar A-Pillar
B-Pillar B-Pillar
Sill Outer Rocker Panel
Quarter Panel Quarter Panel
Back Panel Rear Body Panel
Rear Panel Trunk Floor
Rear Floor Pan Side Rail, Rear Rail Rear Rail
This table shows the terms that Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM uses on the left and the common industry terms on the right.

Additional I-CAR Collision Repair News you may find helpful:

Related I-CAR Courses