What's A Ford/Lincoln Back Panel?

When it comes to repair information, vehicle makers use a wide variety of terminology for replacement parts. All of the different names can be confusing, especially when repairing a variety of vehicle makes and models.

When searching for repair procedures, knowing what to look for can save valuable time. When searching in Ford/Lincoln, for example, instead of looking for a rear body panel, look for the back panel (see Table 1). Having the correct repair information is essential to a proper repair process. Without vehicle maker repair information, you are potentially re-engineering the vehicle without the research into how the vehicle would react in another collision.

Ford and Lincoln repair information is available for purchase at www.motorcraftservice.com

Table 1
Ford/Lincoln Part Terms Industry Part Terms
Fender Apron Front Upper Rail
Front Side Member Front Lower Rail
A-Pillar A-Pillar
B-Pillar B-Pillar
Rocker Panel Outer Rocker Panel
Quarter Panel Quarter Panel
Back Panel Rear Body Panel
Rear Floor Panel Trunk Floor
Rear Side Member Rear Rail
This table shows the terms that Ford/Lincoln uses on the left and the common industry terms on the right.

Additional I-CAR Collision Repair News you may find helpful: